Monday, June 21, 2010

Departure Day!

It is 8:30 p.m. Monday night and I am sitting at the Union Station in Providence waiting for the 10:16 p.m. train to Washington, D.C. Upon my arrival in Washington tomorrow morning I am to meet with my 11 classmates for a two-day orientation meeting prior to departing for Moscow on Wednesday.

While I feel well-prepared for the trip I am not quite sure what to expect the day we arrive in Moscow, which is making me somewhat anxious. (That and not speaking one word of Russian!) Of course I will learn much more about our itinerary in the new two days.

It was a picture-perfect first day of summer on Cape Cod today, which made it very difficult to leave. Denise took me to the train station. It was hard to watch her drive away. I will miss her greatly these next five weeks. (We are going to Maui for two weeks upon my return, so that will serve as therapy.)








3 comments:

  1. This will probably prove to be the hardest day of the next 5 weeks for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there guys! We really appreciate the effort both of you put in on behalf of our school. Jeff will return a better teacher (he's already a great one!) and we're looking forward to hearing all about the trip and learning from Jeff's trip! When Jeff shares what he's learned it will also make us a better school in 2010-2011. Will the prom theme be "Spring in Siberia"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. В Родины, вы не едите корову, корову съесть тебя!

    There is some Russian for ya!

    ReplyDelete